22 January, 2015
Deserts, Entree, Fruit
Author: Alan Simmons
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoons gelatine dissolved in 2 tablespoons hot water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon or orange rind
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- This can be served up an as entree or enjoyed as a dessert.
- Chill glasses for serving.
- Gently heat sugar and water in saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool.
- Add gelatine to syrup, then sitr in fruit juices.
- Pour into a freezer tray and freeze for 1 hour - or until it begins to set.
- Remove from freezer and place in bowl.
- Whisk egg white until firm (making sure you use a clean bowl) fold this into fruit mixture.
- Add grated fruit rinds and Cointreau.
- Return to freezer tray and freeze for a further 2 hours.
- Whisk again if necessary before serving.
- Serve in well chilled glasses.