11 January, 2015
Fruit, Jams Jellies Pickles Chutneys Sauces
Author: Alan Simmons
- 1kg kiwifruit
- 4½ cups sugar
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- Cut kiwifruit in hlaf and scoop pulp out.
- Thinly peel 1 orange and cut the peel rind into thin strips.
- Squeeze the juice from both oranges and make up to 1 cup with water.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan, bring to boil and simmer 5 -10 minutes.
- Now mash to a pulp all contents of saucepan with a potato masher.
- Add sugar and bring to boil stirring all the time.
- Continue boiling this for 30-45 minutes or until it's suitable to set.
- Pour into hot dry jars and cover.