11 January, 2015
Meats, Wild Game
Author: Alan Simmons
Serves: 2 - 4
- 1 young rabbit, jointed
- ½ cup fresh thyme, striped from stalk
- 2 cloves garlic, ground up
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons mustard, Dijon
- Place rabbit, garlic, thyme leaves, bay leaf and oil in a bowl, grind pepper over it, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Following day, pre-heat oven to 180 C.
- Rub rabbit with mustard and put into casserole dish with garlic and thyme stalks.
- Drizzle oil over from bowl, then cover with lid.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- This can be served with creamy mashed potatoes or hot rice.