6 September, 2013
Posted in : Wild Game Foods onTags: Poultry, Wild Game
Author: Alan Simmons
- Slice onion, heat some olive oil in a pan and put pigeons in 'back down' with onion, sprinkle with paprika and brown birds.
- Mix wine with 2 tablespoons tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon Worchester sauce, good pinch of mixed herbs and add to frypan; simmer 15 minutes.
- Put pigeons in a large casserole breast down, cover back with bacon, add mushrooms (halved).
- Make a gravy from juices in the frying pan adding water if necessary and pour over pigeons.
- Cover and bake in oven for 2½ hours @ 130C.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes and thick sliced bread.