28 April, 2015
Posted in : Fruit onTags: Deserts, Jams Jellies Pickles Chutneys Sauces, Lemons, Plums, Quinces
Surplus quinces, plums or lemons
A great tip.
Author: Alan Simmons
- A good trick with surplus fruit is to just freeze them until required.
- With Quinces, lemons and plums just place them in a supermarket shopping bag or like and put in the freezer.
- When you want to use them just remove as many as you want and in the case of the plums just stew them with some sugar.
- For the quinces you can grate them to make Jam with. Or let them thaw and slice up for stewing with sugar.
- With the lemons just grate them. You get the zingy lemon zest as well.