23 April, 2015
Orange Roasted Duck.
Poultry, Wild Game
Orange Roasted Duck
Author: Alan Simmons
- 1 orange
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons arrowroot
- ½ cup sweet sherry
- ¼ cup Grand Marnier
- salt, pepper
- 2kg duck
- 60g butter
- Fill duck with favourite stuffing.
- Place in roasting pan, brush with melted butter.
- Bake in moderate oven 1 hour, brushing occasionally with juices in the pan.
- Remove rind from orange, and any white pith.
- Cut rind into strips, drop into boiling water, boil three minutes; drain.
- Put sugar, vinegar, water, crumbled stock cubes, orange and lemon juices and blanched strips of orange rind into saucepan, stir until boiling; boil rapidly until sauce is reduced by half.
- Blend arrowroot and sherry, stir gradually into sauce, stir until sauce boils and thickens; reduce heat, simmer 2 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper to taste, stir in Grand Marnier.
- Drain pan juices off duck, add prepared sauce to pan; brush duck well with sauce.
- Return to oven, bake further 40-50 minutes basting frequently with sauce until duck is cooked and well glazed.