1 January, 2015
Posted in : Wild Game Foods onTags: Meats, Wild Game
Recipe type: Wild Game
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ⅔ cup of Worcester Sauce
- ⅔ cup of soy sauce
- Venison Jerky - How to
- Decth 2014 at 16:05:12 Quote Modify Remove
- Ever since I lived overseas I developed a fondness for jerky when I was in the states and biltong when I lived in Africa.
- As of late I've got back into the jerky phase playing with some ways to make it and recipes and this is what I've come up with.
- A search with google with bring up many different websites dedicated to jerky with many recipes ranging from hot jerky with tobacco or chilli to whiskey jerky however I wanted a flavour where my young boys (7 & 9) could also eat it.
- In the end I settled on the below marinade:
- tsp black pepper
- tsp garlic powder
- tsp onion powder
- /3 cup of Worcester Sauce
- /3 cup of soy sauce
- Obviously with any recipe you can twink it to your liking.
- When cutting up the meat I've found by placing it on a cutting board and leaving it in the freezer for an hour helps when making the thin slices which you only make about ¼ inch thick and with the grain
- Leave it in the marinade for a good 24 hours and then its ready to go.
- Dry in a home dehydrator which are available from most home supply stores..... or use your oven with the door slightly and on fan at 70-75 degrees. normally takes 6-8 hours