19 April, 2015
Deserts, Fruit, Quinces
A Yummy way of impressing at a dinner party
Author: Alan Simmons
Recipe type: Deserts
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 1 large quince per two people.
- Brown sugar
- Orange juice
- Cinnamon powder
- Grapes / raisins/ sultanas/ Optional.
- You can either remove the core of the quinces with a knife or apple corer but it is quite hard. If you can do it then that's great. Or you can quarter the quinces. Do not peel.
- Place the quinces in an over proof dish and pour about 1 cup of orange juice and 1 cup of water around them...Add more if you wish..
- Sprinkle cinnamon over the quinces and then sprinkle liberal amounts of brown sugar over the pieces. Pack brown sugar into the core cavity if you have cored the quinces as well as raisins, grapes, dates or anything else that takes your fancy.
- cook slowly in the oven at 150c for about two hours.
- Serve with custard and the juices.