23 January, 2015
Fruit, Jams Jellies Pickles Chutneys Sauces
Author: Alan Simmons
- 8 large quinces
- 2kg sugar
- 4lt water (enough to cover quinces)
- Wipe fruit, do not cut or peel.
- Place whole fruit in preserving pan with sugar and water.
- Bring to boil then maintain a rolling boil for 4 hours, skim froth occasionally.
- When the liquid hangs from the spoon in large drops it's ready.
- Lift out fruit and pour liquid into hot jars and seal.
- Save fruit this is delicious as a desert with custard or ice-cream.