23 January, 2015
Fruit, Jams Jellies Pickles Chutneys Sauces
Author: Alan Simmons
- 1 kg firm ripe apricots-halved-stoned
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1kg sugar
- Bring apricots, water and lemon juice to boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes or until apricots are tender.
- Add sugar stirring constantly with wooden spoon (without boiling) until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to boil, then boil uncovered without stirring for about 30 minutes or until jam will set when tested.
- Stand for 5 minutes before bottling into sterilized glass jars - seal while hot.