13 January, 2015
Alan’s Trout Fillets
Alan, Fish, Freshwater fish, Wild Game
Alan's trout Fillets
This is very popular with fishing guests at Alan's lodge where a hot electric griddle is placed in the center of the table and clients cook their own fillets.
Author: Alan Simmons
Cuisine: New Zealand
- A good slosh of Sherry or Rum and another for good luck..
- Plenty of Soya sauce
- A big dose of Brown sugar
- Plenty of honey.
- Lots of pepper and salt
- A dash of oil.
- Whole or if big fish... half trout fillets with the skin still on but the pin bone line removed.
- Soak trout fillets in the marinade for as long as you can, the longer the better.
- Remove and place onto a hot griddle flesh side down so that the flesh gets black charred lines across it.
- After about two minutes turn fish over onto skin side down and allow to cook right up through from skin side. Should be about three or four minutes again depending on the thickness and size of the fillets.